Thursday, August 6, 2009

Almost on the Road

I FINALLY GOT MY PERMIT!!!

Today was very nerve racking to be honest. It was not at first, but
as the time
got closer to walking in to take my test, well, that is when it
really started to
hit me. I went to the DMV today with my mother, and we
sat there for a couple
hours waiting for our number to be called. My
nerves really started to kick in
especially when my mother and I forgot
to write my social security number down.
So we had to go through a lot
of trouble to get the number, and then after freaking
out about that,
I remembered that you are given an eye exam before taking your

provisional license test. Remembering this I kind of freaked out again
because I
wear glasses/contacts, and well, I was not wearing them. So we
walked up to the
counter and I signed some papers, and the eye sight
test came. I was thinking ....
Crap, I waited 2 plus hours just for someone to
tell me I cannot take my permit
test just because I am not wearing my
glasses?!?! And to my surprise, I actually
did better than I thought that I
would. I only said one letter wrong, I had said it
was a "O," but my mother said
it was a "D." So after all the dilemmas were over I
walked over to the test taking
area. There I took my "pre-license" photograph, and
walked into the test taking
area. I sat there and took the test, and finally when I had
finished marking
all my answers I had walked up to the "correcting" table. I know
this sounds
a bit mean, but I felt a little relieved after hearing that the girl in front of

me had failed, and that she had missed 13. I thought, "Well, at least I can't
do worse
then that." Yeah I no, harsh, but it still gave me some confidence.
So after that girl
left I walked up to the table to get my test graded. I stood
there and I was so happy
when the guy flipped that first page without a mark
on it. My overall paper consisted
of only one small red marking. I was so happy
to be done with the test, and to have
passed it. My mom described my joy
like this on Face Book,




"Everyone ... She was so cute .... After the test was graded she
turned around with the biggest smile on her face and waved
the paper in the air! What a proud moment!"
- My Mother



And that is exactly what I did ha ha :)
I was just that happy to have my permit,
and ready to start my hands on driving.


Joyful Jamie <3

2 comments:

  1. This story is very detailed! Inspires me to get my permit, Keep on blogging Jamie, your stories are very interesting:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL thanks Eric :) I mean to detail it so that people get more into the story. Glad that you like it, keep reading mine please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete