Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ride That Bike

So yesterday my brother, my cousin, and I all went on a bike ride with my friend Jon's church. We dispatched from a local sports complex, and from there basically rode on the river banks all the way to the beach (literally). Yeah, well as we left I was probably thinking the same thing as you would ... "Yay! This is going to be fun, I get to hang with my friends, and get to eat some brunch." I was so excited, and so as we started I was like, "I am going to stay in front with all my other friends." But as the time went by, I kept pedaling, and I kept looking back at my cousin to make sure that she was keeping up, and as more time went by she kept falling behind little by little. So at first I was thinking, "Wow, Sydney is really out of shape," but after seeing she was behind I slowed down so that she could catch up, and as we met she said, "Ugh, my tire is flat." Finding this out I was thinking to myself, "Oh, it can't be that hard to pedal with a flat tire." But after switching bikes and riding for a while I found out what Sydney had been going through. And she was right ... It was not easy ... So I kept pedaling and pedaling, and no matter how fast I pedaled we could not catch up with the rest of the group. We had gotten so far behind at a point that we had stopped and started to call people from the group with my phone, and to my luck nobody answered ... Until I finally got a hold of my friend's parents. They tried to help as much as they could, but saying that they were not on the bike ride they could not do too much for us. So we stood there thinking of what to do, whether to keep going, or to stop and wait for someone from the group to find us. While waiting there were some rude people ... One guy rode by us, and got all angry for no reason. He yelled, "Get off the road!" And clearly we couldn't with one side with a long dip with rocks, and the other with glass. Finally after getting yelled at and passed up a lady from the group found us. I was so relieved. She knew the way, so both me and Sydney followed her, and we slowly but surely made it to the beach safely. When we arrived, like 20 minutes late, we got to talk and eat our brunch. Sydney and I were sweating up a storm because of our difficulties, and glad to be at our destination, somewhat on time :) Although the day did not turn out the way I wanted it to, I still enjoying riding the bikes and hanging out with some friends.


Joyful Jamie <3


No comments:

Post a Comment