Monday, August 10, 2009

The Human Knife (Revised)

Handle View

So I found another old story that I wrote way back in the day. I am going to share it with you like I did with the other story that I wrote previously. But this time it is going to be a little bit different. This time I am going to revise it a bit ... Instead of just typing it straight as it was from the paper, I am going to add some details and such to make it more interesting for you guys :) So I hope that you all like it! And enjoy!



*Some background on what this story is exactly about .... My teacher had asked the class to write about an object. So I chose a knife. Then she told us to write a story about that object, but not just any old story .... She told us to write it in that object's point of view. So in this following tale you will get to see what a knife's life really is like*


You see I was born in Africa, and there I was separated
from my family ... In those days I had a mother and father
who would knife-edge my blade every morning. But one
day it was different ... I woke up to find that I was being
shipped to Liverpool, England. I was use to being on
flat land, and not on a rocking boat, so it was not the
smoothest ride.
Never the less it was very enjoyable to
look out of the holes in the crate. As I was laying there
I had noticed that something was wrong. There had
been a hard thump, and I was laying upside down.
That was all that I had remembered after waking up
with the sun shining bright on my handle. I had laid
there for ages it had seemed, waiting forever for
someone to pick me up. But as the day got darker
and darker, I had started to lose hope.



Waking up the next morning was brutal. My spine
hurt, and my blade was blazing hot. I tried to move
so that I would not get a sunburn, but I could not. As I
laid there a few hours motionless I had heard some
feet shuffling from near by. A few seconds later a
shadow had covered my blade and I saw a man. He
stood there in the humid air looking at me with
curiosity.



He continued to stare at me for a while. I had been
confused ... I mean I knew that I was a handsome knife,
but he just kept on looking for the longest time with
such a desire in his eyes. After taking a good look at me
he had decided to finally pick me up. I did not get too high
before he dropped me on my head. I got over that
migraine fast, because I had just been happy to be rescued.
I suppose he had dropped me for a reason, my handle
must have been hot from sitting in the sun too long. After
picking me up safely the second time we had walked
away together feeling as one. I fell asleep in his pocket
knowing that this man would take good care of me.



All of a sudden I heard voices ... I woke up suddenly from the
middle of my dream to two men talking. One man's voice I was
unsure about, but the other one was more familiar ... It was
Zachariah's, he was the man that had picked me up off the beach.
I continued to listen to their conversation, and as I kept listening
I had overheard them talking about something called the
Sea Hawk. I was not certain about this "Sea Hawk," but I had
concluded that it was some sort of bird that lived in the ocean.



A few days later I had felt really dumb after finding out that the
"Sea Hawk" that I had overheard about was not a bird, but a boat.
I had also found out that the other man's voice belonged to the
captain of that boat. Zachariah had been talking to the captain
about becoming one of the crew members on the "Sea Hawk,"
and he had been accepted. Only a week after getting off that boat
going to Liverpool is when I was back on another boat, but
this time I was a little bit more use to the swaying. I started to
get use to the lifestyle of a sailor when I heard a high pitched
scream. I was rattled when Zachariah jumped up and startled
to run. He pulled me out of his pocket, and it was then when
I had had my very first fight ... The other man was much bigger
than Zachariah, and so was his sharp pal. But me and
Zachariah moved as one, and I found myself shoved into the
other man. Zachariah pulled me back out, and cleaned me. He
turned to the woman that had screamed, and reassured her.
He had given me to her for safety, and it gave me a chance
to get to know her a little bit better.



After about a week or so I had found out that the woman's
name was Charlotte. She had run away from her home in
Portugal because some men were trying to find her. They had
killed her family, and the sea was her only way out. After
Zachariah had given me to her I had not known that I would
have gotten Charlotte into so much trouble. She herself
became part of the crew, and the captain despised her for it.
When he found out that there was a woman on his ship he
went ballistic. He had believed that women were bad luck.



After Captain Jagger found out about Charlotte he did
everything he could to turn the crew against her. One day the
Captain stole me from Charlotte while she slept and killed a
man using me. He had framed her for the killing, and the
next day blamed her for all the bad things that had
happened on the ship. She was innocent and I knew it.
Zachariah believed her when she told him that she had not
done it, so he did his best to keep her safe from the other
crew members that had believed Captain Jagger.



We all knew that Charlotte would not survive on the
"Sea Hawk," so Zachariah took Charlotte and I on a small
boat in the middle of the night. We got away safely, and no
one saw us leave. It took us five days to find land .... There we
found a small city, and disguised ourselves. We slept in a small
room that night, and early in the morning left for the docks.



Zachariah had talked with about 20 different Captains when one
finally accepted them as part of his crew. His name was Captain
Frank, and that same day we got to board his ship, "Wind Song."
All three of us are still alive to this day on the "Wind Song."
Zachariah and Charlotte got married, and he is now the
Captain of the ship. Captain Jagger never found us, and we now
live happily ever after on the dear old "Wind Song."




Joyful Jamie <3


2 comments:

  1. Nicely done. I daresay there is a bit of Fruedian symbology there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah haha :) Crazy to think that I wrote that while at the middle school, and now I am almost graduating out of high school!
    Thanks for the comment, really appreciate it.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete